Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 31-April 3/ DNCFR in Oklahoma City

We are making history!! I was honored to be able to attend the first Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo to be held in Oklahoma. I was lucky enough to actually share my flight into Oklahoma with Karl Stressmen and McKenzie Haley (Miss Rodeo America), we arrived and headed to the hotel which was beautiful inside sort of like a rain forest. That night we all were picked up in limos and taken out to eat at Toby Keith's and then got to go on a canal ride to view different places in Oklahoma. Then we went to the capitol building and a memorial from a bombing they had a few years back.
All of us with the limo



At Toby Keith's
Visiting the Capitol
The next day March 31 we had riding practice to see who would ride in the rodeo that night, it went great my horse's name was Rooster which I think was because he liked to bob his head haha:) Next we went to sign autographs and finally it was kick off time for the rodeo! The first night went amazing besides some of the horses being a little bad like McKenzie's bucking. 


Happy April Fools Day:) it was off to the shoot out that morning first thing. After we got about an hour to practice our shots it was time for the competition. I will admit during practice I wasn't the best and actually felt bad for anyone who was going to have to be on my team because I had only hit one the whole time. Well it ended up Martina(Miss Rodeo Utah), Darrel, and Darren (who were the PRCA cowboys on our team), and I were team number 4. Each person in the team got a chance to shoot at 10 clay discs, so Martina got up there and hit 10 out of 10 and then Darren did too and Darrel got 9 out of 10 so all the pressure was on me to do well. I got up there like I knew what I was doing and ended up shooting 7 out of 10 it was amazing. With a total of 36 our team blow everyone away and Martina and Darren won top shooters of the day!!  Then we headed to lunch at this place called Pop's which had every pop in the world at it and then it was autograph signing and the second round of the rodeo.
My team with our prizes




Everyone who did the shootout

Saturday the 2nd there were 2 rodeos performances, with one starting in the afternoon and the other was after autograph signing and dinner at this awesome restaurant. The rodeos have themes such as Native American night, art theme, military, and Oklahoma themed. Before each performance they did something to showing the meaning of each theme which was really neat because for the art night 2 guys came in and did a painting in only 15 minutes to have auctioned off. They also had Indian dancers come in and show the different styles of Native American dancing.
Before the rodeo with the Native American dancers

Lined up for the Rodeo

























Sunday morning a few of us got up and went to Cowboy Church which was being put on by Susie McEntire, I had the privilege to speak at Church that morning about how I got started in rodeo and how God has helped me and it will be aired later on RFD-TV.Its time for the finals of the DNCFR and there were several cowboys from my circuit who made it in 4 of the 7 events. The day started out great Bobby Mote winning the bareback riding, then Trevor Knowles won the steer wrestling, Tyson Durfey won the Tie down roping, and finally Allen Hulmuth won the bulling riding, so every event that my circuits cowboys made it back in they won. It was awesome to be there cheering on the Columbia River Circuit who won the overall team championship for the first time ever. In all the trip to Oklahoma was amazing and I had a blast getting to see all the girls again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment