Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 14/ Visiting Washington State Capitol

Brad Owen and I
Said  by a reporter for the capitol "Miss Rodeo Washington comes to town Amanda Emerson, Miss Rodeo Washington 2011, stopped by to visit with Lt. Governor Owen on April 14 while making the rounds in the state capital to promote rodeo in Washington. Emerson, who is from Omak, will represent Washington in the Miss Rodeo America pageant in December."



After driving in a blizzard to make it to the capitol at 9am, I changed into my dress and it was off to meet and greet with some of the Senators and House of Representatives, but what I was looking forward to the most was seeing Brad Owen the Lieutenant Governor again. As we made our way up to Brad Owen’s office to make him the first stop on our tour I was lucky enough to get a chance to talk to him for a good hour. Its always nice to know that he is just a normal person and we had a great talk about turkey hunting since he was excited to be going in a few weeks. After that I made my way to the Senate where I got introduced and received a standing ovation. Next we headed over to the House of Representatives where I had some pictures taken with some of them and got to talk with some people from my district.


 A big thank you to Jim Rowland for taking time to take me around the capitol and being my chaperon for the day...Your the best:)




No comments:

Post a Comment