Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 1-5/ Miss Rodeo New Mexico Pageant

Lubbock, Texas?? Yes, I had finally arrived with 90 degree weather and still had a 2 hour drive to Clovis, New Mexico. I had to fly into Texas because it was the closest airport to fly into, but wow I was not prepared for the heat. The plane I flew in on was so small I was lucky enough to get a chance to ride up with the pilots it was amazing, I can't believe the things I have the chance to do:)

The first night we all got to relax and just catch up with each other, then it was up bright and early for two radio interviews which one was a country station and the other rock, but both were in the same building it was pretty neat. Then it was off to several autograph signings and meet and greets, and finally it was time to kick off the pageant. Each of the visiting royalty were presented with a flag boot from Bender's Dodge which was awesome because it's something I will use for years to come.


At the radio station

Jamie and I















We got a chance to speak at several breakfasts and different events and the City of Clovis' Mayor even presented us with a plaque of honor for being at the Pioneer Rodeo. Joe's Boot Shop was nice enough to let us use their limo to drive around all week and it was awesome because it not only could make every animal sound, but had a mic that we could talk to people on. The pageant went great and we actually had the dance to make up the dance for the fashion show which went so good:) Finally it was time for the rodeo and I got to do an arena run plus carry several sponsor flags. My New Mexico trip was awesome and hanging out with my twin Kaycee ( Miss Rodeo New Mexico), for some reason everyone always thinks we're sisters.

The Indian who did the opening act of the rodeo

My truck for the Parade

Joe's Limo

No comments:

Post a Comment