Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 27-29/ The Last Stand Rodeo

When I arrived Friday it was straight to the school for Kaycee (Miss Coulee City Rodeo) and I where we met with kids from kindergarten to 5th grade. I enjoyed talking to the kids about rodeo and the different events and I even had them set up barrels and race through them. After the school visits we did some sponsor stops and then it was back to the rodeo grounds to relax. The rodeo committee was nice enough to provide me with a camp trailer to stay in all weekend, it was super nice and I want to thank them for all of their hospitality. Saturday I had to be up bright and early to go to the Cowboy breakfast even though not many people showed up the breakfast was really good.

Rocking the wranglers:)
Parade time after driving up the hill to get my horse I saddled up and rode down to the arena before hitting the pavement since the horse hadn't been rode but once all year;) I survived the parade and had a break before the rodeo to relax a little. The committee decided to have me ride a different horse for the rodeo sine mine was being a little stinker. During the rodeo they had Mutton Busting for the kids which Kaycee and I got to judge the kids and it was so hard since they were all so cute.


Rodeo Queen stick horse race
TETWP day at the rodeo
On Sunday the girls and I did a queens stick horse race and it was a blast even though I didn't win haha I did end up 3rd. The rodeo went great and this was by far one of the funniest rodeos I had been to so far this year, can't wait for more Washington rodeos to come:)


No comments:

Post a Comment