Monday, July 11, 2011

July 7-10/ Cheney Rodeo

Macy and I, looking bright and chipper for our early morning interview!!

Mark, Myself, and Macy(Cheney Queen)
After exactly an hour of sleep I was repacked and back on the road again to Cheney for my 5am TV interview with Mark Peterson from KXLY. After nearly hitting 3 deer, two coyotes, and a couple other animals I finally arrived safely to not only drive by the arena where the interview was once but twice before finally finding it!! That is why I always leave way early you never know when you'll need a little extra time because GPS doesn't always work. During the interview I was asked the most random questions like how do rodeo queens keep your hat on and what the flag team was called. Then we had a break for a few hours so we took the horses home and had a chance for a quick nap before the autograph section at Bi-Mart. That night was the kickoff dinner at the rodeo grounds with the whole rodeo committee, announcer(Al Parsons), and several other people. There was another bright and early TV interview in downtown Spokane and it literally took longer to saddle the horses and get all ready than the actual interview took. Then it was to the radio interviews and then Grand Entry practice which went really well. Finally its rodeo time:) we did grand entry, helped push calves, and then helped with the kids games.
Myself, Macy and the interviewer from the radio station.
Both Friday and Saturday after the rodeo was a dance that myself and a few of the other queens went to it was a lot of fun. Saturday my parents brought Smash down for the parade and rodeo and I always look forward to riding my own horse! Unfortunately Smash and my parents had to go home, so Sunday I used the borrowed horses again Dusty and he was really good. Sundays rodeo was family day so there were a lot more kids there. We had a closing of the rodeo BBQ at the rodeo grounds then I was off for the drive home to re-pack for my trip to Colorado Springs:)


No comments:

Post a Comment