Saturday, February 12, 2011

Febuary 1-6/ Black Hills Stock Show & Rodeo in Rapid City SD

As the flight attendant says "as we get ready to land in Rapid City the current temperature being -21 degrees." All I could do was stare out the window and get ready to step out into that freezing cold, but me being the smart girl that I am...I already had my long johns on and I thought I was ready. O no though as I stepped out those doors its like an ice wall just hits you and pushes you backwards a little, Miss Rodeo America picked me from the airport and to the hotel we went. Luckily enough I had an hour to change and freshen up before autograph signing that day. Finally it was time for the finals of the Ranch Rodeo which I was looking forward to watching since I'd never seen one before and wow was it an awesome experience. From the trailer races to the cow milking and of course the bronc race which was very interesting and I sure would never try it. I had a blast that first night.

On  Wednesday I had the pleasure of visiting one of the elementary schools with some of the other girls and reading to the kids. The book that I choose to read was White Dynamite and the Curly Kidd, which I think I had memorized after the second class:). After I would read the book I'd ask the kids if they had any questions so of course I got asked what my horse's name was and different normal things. But then one teacher says "well what will you do after this year?" Just as I began to answer a kid says "Marry a rodeo king" after this remark all I could do was laugh and say "No, I will be going back to school." It is true that kids say the darnest things.
Wyoming,Idaho,America,Washington,South Dakota


Finally it was Thursday and time for our first rodeo of the week and it was Tough Enough To Wear Pink, we all looked sharp in our pink outfits and were ready to meet our horses thank you to the Sutton's for providing them. I had a wonderful time riding Gilbert and Garfield while I was in Rapid and enjoyed getting to know some more of the girls. Miss Rodeo South Dakota also scheduled a trip for the girls and I to go visit Mt. Rushmore which was amazing to see up close even though it was freezing cold it was well worth it. The museum that goes with the mountain is incredible from all the facts and picture Mt. Rushmore being built and how much time and effort to get it just right it took.




FEB. 5, 2011-------IT'S MY BIRTHDAY
I was fortunate enough to turn 21 in South Dakota and have a sold out crowd tell me happy birthday. This is one of those times that you could never imagine happening, I want to thank all the girls for making this birthday one I will always remember. They even got me a cake which was so sweet of them and Outback gave us free ice cream:) 

Until next time...Dream Big:)



No comments:

Post a Comment